Enjoy the seductive chocolate flavor and thick creaminess of this Italian mocha recipe. This confection is sure to elicit a moan from all who partake. Don’t overlook the importance of the orange zest or the arrowroot. The oil from the zest gives the chocolate coffee a fresh kick, and the arrowroot thickens the mixture.
- 1/2 cup of your favorite coffee or espresso
- plus 2 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 ounces (or preferred dosage) Incredibles Boulder Bar
- 2 to 4 strips orange zest for garnish
1. In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons of the half-and-half with the arrowroot, whisking until smooth.
2. Place the remaining 1/2 cup of half-and-half in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer. When the half-and-half begins to bubble around the edges, whisk in the sugar and coffee. Whisk in the arrowroot mixture until the half-and-half thickens slightly, usually less than a minute.
3. Remove from the heat and quickly whisk in the chocolate until smooth.
4. Pour into cups, top each with a piece of orange zest, and serve immediately.